From long time many people asked me about how do I know my system version whether 32 bit or 64 bit. When I was very new to IT industry, at that time I too don’t have any idea about it. But some things will come with experience. Please follow the below points to know your system version.
- Go to Start button.
- Type sysdm.cpl and click OK or press enter.
- Now, it will open a new window. Click on General tab. Here you will find the information about the OS.
- The only clue that you know, whether my OS is 32-bit or 64-bit is, For 64-bit specially the OS name displayed as "Windows server 2003 64-bit Operating system". Where as 32-bit is simply Windows server 2003.
If you are using Windows Vista OS, then you can directly see the version details by going to computer properties from Start button.
- Directly go to Start button, and right click on Computer and select Properties. There you find an entry for System Type.
- OR, you can go to Control Panel and then Go to System.
This information is very helpful many times before install any software to check for version validation. Now, you know what your system type is. Don’t you?