Sunday, September 6, 2009

This post is also part of learning jquery. When I was new to learn Jquery, I was facing lot of problems in creating my own functions in JQuery. Because I want to create one function at one place and use it everywhere by calling directly JqueryObject.function(). After got some experience then I started writing my own Jquery functions and using them in my projects.

Syntax of how we can create a new function is as below.
jQuery.fn.myownfunction = function() {
var currentObject = $(this) ; //currentObject holds the current object.

Example function for centering an element is shown below. = function () {
this.css("top", ( $(window).height() - this.height() ) / $(window).scrollTop() + "px");
this.css("left", ( $(window).width() - this.width() ) / $(window).scrollLeft() + "px");
return this;

How to call it?

Ok, now you are good at how to write your own functions in JQuery. Enjoy by learning.


  1. nice thanks it was helpful

  2. Very USefuLL Thank YOu very Much