This is somewhat confusion to many people. We can add a service reference to console application, but when you right click on project, you didn't see a direct "Add Web Reference" option. But, there are so many requirements we have to add a web reference. So, I thought of posting it in my blog.
- Create a console application using visual studio.
- Right click on the project and click on "Add Service Reference...".
- On the window, you will find the "Advanced" button at the bottom.
- Click on the button and it will open service reference settings window. It has a button at bottom called "Add Web Reference".
- Click on it and add web reference as shown below.