- If you have visual studio 2005 open, then close it
- Go to the ASP.NET temporary folder for v2.0 of the framework drive:\Windows
\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0 \Temporary ASP.NET Files
- Remove the folder for your application. [If it is not deleting, then do IISRESET and delete it.]
- Reset IIS (on a command line window, >iisreset)
- Now, browse application(http://localhost/your app)
- Then reopen Visual studio, open your project in VS and build it.
- And it should work now.
Monday, May 4, 2009
MuteX could not be created error in ASP.NET
If you get error like MuteX could not be created then the problem is because of the so many versions of your site are in the temporary files. To fix it, do the following.