Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Install language pack in SharePoint 2007

I have MOSS server running from long time and it has plenty of sites running. Now I got a new requirement from one of my clients that their site should support different languages. This bothered me somewhat because of this article. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262108.aspx

Which explains as below

  • Install the necessary language files on the front-end Web servers.

  • Install Office SharePoint Server 2007 on each front-end Web server.

  • Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard on each front-end Web server.

If that is the case, I need to uninstall MOSS on the server and need to install all language files before installing MOSS. But if that happens I will loose my server settings and the whole environment. It’s impossible to get the same development settings if I uninstall it. Then I posted about this, in MSDN forums and Mike Walsh all time favorite to me, gave me very fast reply and his solution worked great!!!

You can take a look at it here.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadmin/thread/1963f252-056e-43ec-8480-d99a4f8d5388

Hope this will help you too!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    We have a product which I think can help you to resolve your issue.

    Have a look at http://www.alphamosaik.com/Pages/Solutions_EN_MultilingualModule.aspx

    Regards

    Edgard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Thanks for the comment and I already mentioned that I got solution for it.

    ReplyDelete