Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How do i know my system version. 32 bit or 64 bit?

Hi Guys,

From long time many people asked me about how do I know my system version whether 32 bit or 64 bit. When I was very new to IT industry, at that time I too don’t have any idea about it. But some things will come with experience. Please follow the below points to know your system version.

  • Go to Start button.
  • Type sysdm.cpl and click OK or press enter.
  • Now, it will open a new window. Click on General tab. Here you will find the information about the OS.
  • The only clue that you know, whether my OS is 32-bit or 64-bit is, For 64-bit specially the OS name displayed as "Windows server 2003 64-bit Operating system". Where as 32-bit is simply Windows server 2003.

If you are using Windows Vista OS, then you can directly see the version details by going to computer properties from Start button.

  • Directly go to Start button, and right click on Computer and select Properties. There you find an entry for System Type.
  • OR, you can go to Control Panel and then Go to System.

This information is very helpful many times before install any software to check for version validation. Now, you know what your system type is. Don’t you?

2 comments:

  1. Instead of doing all this thing, you just need to go and see the folder system32 or syswow64 is present or not. C:\windows\system32 in windows 32 bit version and c:\windows\syswow64 in 64 bit version window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx bro for your nice tips. Seems you r very popular in blogger an d even using adsense. i m too. but would you please tell me how can i develop my blogs? would you please give me some information by using ur tools?







    I am waiting brother. here is my mail its4shamim@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete