- I have created a simple publishing site in SharePoint 2010 server and below is the screen which looks like by default.
- And I like to create a blog site inside it. And I go to Site Actions and selected Create a site and below is the screen I saw.
- [The cool thing in the above screen is, it is implemented in Silverlight. And it loads very fast with nice effects.] But, here I am not able to see all site templates available in the system. By default it is showing only two. So, How to create a blog site now? How to get all the site templates back?
- It just simple and follow this. Go to Site settings and move to the section "look and feel" as shown in below screen.
- If you see, there is a link named "Page layouts and site templates". That is what we needed. Just click on that link.
- Now, below is the screen you see, which has the complete list of site templates and page layouts available in the system.
- If you see the above screen, there are only two templates selected by default. This is the reason why we see only two templates available on the create site page. So, add how many templates you want from the left side. You can do the same with page layouts too. Select all page layouts you needed and save it.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
SharePoint 2010 site templates not showing in create site page, How to get them?
This is a bit surprising to the people who are playing with SharePoint 2010 very first time. When we try to create subsites in the main site collection we need to pick the right site template and go. But, what if you are not able to see the list of site templates in the list?