Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException

After I installed the MOSS SP2 update yesterday, when I hit refresh on my custom ASPX page, I got the below exception.

Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException: An error has occurred on the server.http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=96177.

I was little bit surprised and frustrated to find out the cause why it was showing. I ran the configuration wizard and checked the database schema version. Everything was fine. After research and thought about it for some time, started trail and error methods to find out the issue by going to event viewer and logs etc…

Finally found the problem. That was Because of not restarting the server after installing the SP2 on the server. After I restarted the server, everything worked fine and i am very happy by seeing the page on the browser.

Is this helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment