Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sorry there was something wrong with the download. Try adding it again error in SharePoint 2013 Apps

**Update: The issues is resolved in RTM release. The issues was coming only in the preview version.

I know everyone should get this error when they try to add an app from the SharePoint Store. Yes, it is a bug and whatever App you want to add to the SharePoint 2013 site you will see the below error.

Sorry, there was something wrong with the download. Try adding it again
I have gone through the logs of SharePoint and I found different errors logged for different apps I am adding. Below are the errors I found…
  1. The market web service is not configured. Return null
  2. App does not exists in market place web service
  3. The specified application identifier is invalid or does not exist.
All the above errors not given any right information on what's failing. I believe the noderunner.exe is running out of memory or any request is failing because of the out of memory exception. For now I don't have any clue why it is failing. I will update the post when I find the solution for this issue.

When I search on net and from forums the only suggestion I found was "check the app management service is running". Yes, it is running and it should not be the issue.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    So do you have the version where it supposed to be working?
    I have this version and i have that error:15.0.4420.1017

    Note: I'm a developer not the infrastructure team so I'm searching from my side.

    Any comment will be appreciated.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    You are using the RTM version. Error shouldn't come. I hope there is something wrong with your App service. Please the service.

    ReplyDelete