Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Copy data from MS Office Project to MS Word

We usually work on MS Office project when we deal with project management, project estimation etc…. So I used it to create project estimation document for forwarding that to management and client. But unfortunately, Client don't have MS Office Project installed. So I need to send him in either Excel or Word format.

I planned to copy and paste the data from MS Office project to MS word, when I did that it came like unformatted text. It's not looking good at all. I can't manually format it, Because it is a very big document.

After spending some time on it, found a solution how to do that. Please follow the process below.

    • Select the information pasted into Microsoft Word from Microsoft Project.
    • On the Table menu, click Convert, and then click Text to Table.
    • Under Separate Text At, click Tabs, and then click OK.

That’s it!!! This trick did everything like well formatted and rendered in table. It saved lot of time for me.

Hope this helps you too!! You can get the more details about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment