This is another blog tip I want to tell you as I just added it recently to my blog. I think, you have seen my post on "how to add dotnetkicks kick it icon to all posts in blogger blog". So, by taking that as initiative created this code for DotnetShoutout and working great.
How to add it?
- Go to edit html option of your blog, by login into your blogger blog and under layout and then Edit HTML.
- Download full template before start editing the html code.
- Now check the option "Expand Widget Templates".
- Search in your browser for the keyword "data:post.body".
- I think you found one instance as "<data:post.body/>".
- Please add the below code exactly below the line you just found.
<a expr:href='"http://dotnetshoutout.com/Submit?url=" + data:post.url + "&title=" + data:post.title' expr:id='data:widget.instanceId + "_kickit"' rel='nofollow' rev='vote-for'> <img alt='Shout it' expr:src='"http://dotnetshoutout.com/image.axd?url=" + data:post.url' style='border:0px'/></a>
- Save the template and just view your blog now.
- I think, you will see the Shout it icon under each blog post body. Now you can add any formatting code to make it more stylish by adding p tags, css to look good on your page and positioning.
Hope it helps!!! Do you like this post?